Teenagers have a surmounting amount of pressure to attain high scores on the SATs. These high-stakes tests are important for the college admissions process. Team Tutor understands how important these tests are for your teen’s future. Our SAT tutors inspire teens to do their very best with our personalized SAT program. Our SAT tutors focus on your teen’s learning style while focusing on the following 3 core aspects:
- Understanding Test-Taking Strategies & Techniques
- Mastering SAT Content
- Strengthening Academic Concepts
Team Tutor SAT Prep Method:
- Diagnostic Assessment: The student completes a full-length diagnostic SAT assessment.
- Analysis: A customized report will outline your child’s strengths and needs.
- Tutor Selection: An expert test prep tutor is selected based on your child’s strength, needs, and personality.
- Program Design: Each test prep program is individualized based on your child’s needs, goals and learning style. The tutor targets the areas that need the greatest improvement.
- Program Feedback: Parents have access to daily updates on your child’s sessions through our parent portal system.
About The SAT Test
The SAT Reasoning Test (formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test and Scholastic Assessment Test), the nation’s most widely used college admission test, is accepted by virtually all colleges and universities. While the SAT is just one criterion among many in the college admissions process, most schools do place significant weight on an applicant’s scores.
The SAT measures a student’s skills in three core areas: Critical Reading, Math, and Writing. Students typically take the SAT in the spring of their junior year and, if necessary, again in the fall of their senior year.
The test is given at set time periods during the year and must be scheduled in advance. The SAT is composed of ten sections, with students allotted approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes to complete the exam. The following is a breakdown of sections:
- One 25-minute essay
- Six 25-minute sections (mathematics, critical reading and writing)
- Two 20-minute sections (mathematics, critical reading and writing)
- One 10-minute multiple-choice writing section
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline|
|August 25, 2018||July 27, 2018||August 7, 2018|
|October 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||September 18, 2018|
|November 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||October 16, 2018|
|December 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 13, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||February 19, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||April 16, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 14, 2019|
Keep in mind that if you are registering through the mail, the deadline is one week earlier.
To enroll your child in one of our test prep programs or for more information regarding our services, call 215-657-1981 or email us. A member of our team will conduct a brief phone assessment and walk you through our various test prep offerings.